Technological advancements are rapidly making renewable resources more viable options for electric generation. Renewable Energy Overview explores the primary renewable resources used to generate electricity, the technologies used for each resource, and how each technology actually works. It also examines the key attributes that determine the benefits, costs, and challenges associated with renewable generation technologies and the future potential for each resource. This learning path is intended for those with limited experience in renewables as well as those with a background in renewable energy who need more details on the various technologies.
- Determine whether a specific generation technology fits the definition of renewable electric generation
- List the renewable energy resources used to generate power
- Differentiate between different technologies used to convert each renewable resource to electricity by describing the basics of how each works
- Define key attributes that determine the benefits, costs, and challenges associated with renewable generation technologies
- Evaluate the potential role of each specific technology in a region’s overall electric generation resource mix;Identify key issues for the future use of each renewable technology