The 8-hour CPE-eligible Tax Compliance bundle provides an overview of tax and compliance requirements that apply to tax-exempt, not-for-profit entities. This 5-course set covers topics such as activities that can jeopardize tax-exempt status, the public support test requirement, reconciling Form 990 to financial statements and much more.
- Differentiate between and recognize the basic compliance requirements of various types of tax-exempt organizations and recall the activities that a tax-exempt organizations should limit to protect its tax-exempt status
- Identify the various federal and state filing requirements, including the IRS Form 990 series of returns, state sales tax exemptions and charitable registrations
- Recall the structure and core components of Form 990 and related schedules and identify common adjustments needed to reconcile Form 990 to financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP
- Recall when a tax-exempt organization may be subject to unrelated business income taxes (UBIT) and indentify the applicable filing requirements
- Recognize the unique compliance requirements and restrictions related to private foundations
Who will it benefit?
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP staff and board members looking to deepen their existing knowledge of NFP financial responsibility, and set themselves apart as a leader in this field