About this Course
This CPE course assists you in understanding the rules of ASC 740, Income Taxes, and how these rules establish guidelines for accounting for income taxes, including income tax expense, classification of deferred tax accounts, and related disclosures.
Additionally, this course contains case studies to give you a practical look at how to account for different deferred tax scenarios. You will also receive a comparison of the accounting for income taxes under both U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Theoretical concepts of ASC 740
- Identifying and measuring temporary differences
- Identifying tax differences and a four-column worksheet
- Tax benefits for carrybacks and carryforwards
- Accounting for uncertainty in income taxes
- Reporting and disclosure under ASC 740
- ASC 740-20 intraperiod tax allocation
- Case studies and examples illustrating theory and concepts
Who will it benefit?
Tax Staff Training, Level 3 training identifies the more difficult areas for experienced tax compliance specialists. Those with approximately 3 years of tax compliance experience.