About this Course
This CPE course provides a wealth of tax-planning tips and strategies to ensure you are prepared for the upcoming tax season. It covers essential tax return issues and topics including the PATH act and the Transportation and Highway Funding bill.
The industryâ€™s best tax return training will reinforce your understanding of frequently used principles. In addition, you will learn practical insights from nationally recognized tax experts. This comprehensive course is a valuable resource for those who require the most up-to-date expertise in individual income taxation.
- Summary of major individual tax developments
- Gross Income: compensation issues and nontaxable employee fringe benefits
- Fringe benefits, retirement plan distributions, earned income exclusion
- Business and Rental Transactions: hobby losses and passive losses
- Depreciation and Amortization
- Property Transactions Gains and Losses
- Property Transactions: Capital vs. Ordinary income
- Property Transactions: Nonrecognition Provisions
- Adjustments to Income: Self-employed retirement plans and IRAs
- Tax Computations
- Tax Credits
Who will it benefit?
CPAs working with clients or employers requiring up-to-date expertise in individual income taxation for the current tax season