About this Course
Gain a comprehensive and practical understanding of the IRS Cost and Repair Regulations dealing with property transactions from acquisition to disposition. This CPE course analyses the rules for depreciation, amortization, like-kind exchanges, involuntary conversions and business property sales. It also covers important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings.
- Tax basis of property acquisitions
- Initial Basis of Property Acquired in an Exchange Transaction
- Materials, supplies, repairs, and improvements
- Accounting Method Changes
- Depreciation – MACRS, Section 179, Bonus
- Intangible Assets and Amortization
- Organization and Start-Up Costs
Who will it benefit?
Designed for Beginning Staff . The Tax Staff Essentials courses establish a strong set of core skills necessary for junior staff growth. Tax Staff with 0-1 year experience.