About this Course
Is LLC and partnership taxation something new to you? Perhaps you have worked in this area for years but need a quick review of the fundamental concepts? Use this CPE course to build a foundation of knowledge or freshen up your skills.
The course addresses the tax consequences of the most common transactions engaged in by LLCs and partnerships. Develop a level of comfort with the basic conceptual framework underlying partnership and LLC taxation, with an emphasis on explaining the tax consequences associated with issues that are most frequently confronted by tax practitioners.
- Basic Tax Structure of Partnerships and LLCs
- Electing to be Taxed as a Partnership: The “Check-the-Box” Rules
- Tax Consequences of Partnership or LLC Formation
- Partnership Distributions
- Compensatory Payments to Partners
- At-Risk and Passive Activity Limits
- Profit and Loss Allocations: General Rules and Restrictions
- Reporting Taxable Income for Partnerships and LLCs
Who will it benefit?
Public accounting staff, seniors, supervisors, and tax professionals in company finance or tax departments