About this Course
This CPE course is a comprehensive introduction to the nature of S corporations and how they are treated for income tax purposes. You will examine some of the advantages and disadvantages of incorporation and then go through the requirements for electing to be an S corporation. You will also review the rules for operating an S corporation.
- Why elect Subchapter S
- S corporation qualifications
- S corporation election
- Termination of S corporation status
- Tax on S corporation built-in gains
- S corporation pass-through activity to shareholders
- Shareholder basis and losses
- Taxable year options
- S corporation passive activity rules, fringe benefits, and other considerations
Who will it benefit?
Staff and senior associates in public accounting who assist clients with tax compliance for closely held S Corporations