This course provides an introductory overview of the components and functions of the three sectors of the electric delivery system: generation, transmission, and distribution. This module is also included in the learning path, Electric System Fundamentals.
- Distinguish between the three key sectors of generation, transmission, and distribution;
- Differentiate between the characteristics of each sector;
- Identify how reliability, cost, and risks are considered in the planning process for each sector;
- Analyze the applicability of different generation options to various system needs;
- Recall how generation, transmission and distribution system are designed;
- Identify where reliability and outage problems are most likely to occur and the impact of problems at various points in the grid.